
One of the reasons I wish we could have some more land is so that my boys can have their own space to dig in the dirt all day. Yes, that is our front flowerbed. Other than the garden, which is off limits because of all the produce that I am trying to preserve, this space is about the only other choice for my boys to dig in. I wanted my boys to be able to have fun with mud and plastic animals, making waterfalls, ponds, rivers and towns that they can flood etc . . . I thought I would give in this one afternoon and just deal with the mess later. Well, the mess turned out to be more than I had anticipated. Oh well. I didn't completely lose my temper. I admit I was frustrated, but I had asked for it. No permanent harm done. The boys hopefully have some good memories, and that is what will ultimately matter down the road.


2 comments:
Wow, I see your nasturtiums. They look like lilies in the pond.
Oh yes, every time the water, dirt, and my children mix I end up cleaning them off with the hose. There is usually very little of them that doesn't get a thick layer of mud. I usually lose toys to the mud hole and have to dig them up later. One time I thought that we had them all, then when we moved the dirt pit we found seven large dinosaurs.
Post a Comment