
I have learned for myself that it is possible for a child to get burned by playing with the drawer under the oven that holds all my cookie, pizza and muffin pans. I was cooking a pizza on Thursday night and doing dishes while Samuel crawled around on the floor. I heard him cry out and whipped around to see his fingers shut in the oven drawer. I thought he had just pinched or slammed his fingers in the drawer. I looked at his hand and it looked like he had scraped two of his fingers. On closer inspection I realized he had been burned and that those "scrapes" were actually burn blisters. We rushed over to Instacare. The nurse inspected him and said we might need to go to the hospital. Gratefully, however, they were able to take care of it there. We were sent home with a prescription for a cream and instructions to try and keep the blisters from popping. Yeah, right. How do you keep an active 10 month old from breaking his blisters? They promptly broke the next day and now we are just trying to keep them covered to hopefully prevent infection. He kept pulling off the wrap and band-aids so a friend suggested a glove. We ended up with gloves on both hands so he couldn't use the "good" hand to pull the glove off his hurt hand. I even taped his glove to his shirt to help keep them on. The instacare told us to have our doctor check it out. They couldn't tell if it was a third degree burn or not. We will have our regular doctor look at it Monday or Tuesday. I think we have had our share of accidents this year. I don't want anymore!







Gratefully Samuel doesn't seem to be bothered much by his burn. He is still a happy little boy. Notice his little chompers growing in? He's got two top and two bottom teeth showing now. We love you, Samuel!
7 comments:
Oh the poor little thing. I couldn't help but think what a cute little baby in your arms, and then how big he looked sitting on the floor with the gloves on. Babyhood is so deceiving. I'll be glad to see everyone on Thanksgiving weekend. Love to all.
Poor little guy! Your family really has had their fair share of accidents. Hopefully this will be the end for a while. He is so adorable! I love how similar all of your kids look. You're one of those families where everyone knows its a Beesley just by looking at the kid.
Poor baby! I'm glad he isn't bothered by them now. Hope they heal up quickly. And I hope you had a fabulous birthday! Love ya!
Oh, Nancy! That is so sad!!! Glad things worked out okay.
Scary Nancy! Glad he is alright! Miles' basketball is over for the season! Too bad, he would've loved to have your boys there!
Poor thing! Is he all healed up, now?
Do you home school? I do an online charter school with two of my kids, and I have a group of friends who do TJEd.
This is the saddest! I hate watching my kid get hurt. What a trooper!
Thanks for stopping by the blog. ;)
Post a Comment